Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Fort Collins, Colorado - Horse Country?




Yes! It seems like there are horses all over the countryside surrounding Fort Collins, whether close to the foothills or out on the plains. There is one horse farm right off Interstate 25, just five minutes from the city limits, that I often pass by. I had a little extra time last week, and decided to stop there and take a few photos. Happily, all of the horses out in the pasture decided to head over to greet me, including the one in the photo on the left.




I am not sure if I have a special connection with these animals, or if they just think I have food to give them. The fact that they quickly wander off when I don't produce something edible pretty much answers that question. The two horses in the photograph on the right were gone in a flash.






As you can see, the horse on the left is wearing some sort of cape or covering. Why this is the case, while the rest of the horses aren't, is a question I cannot answer. Does this particular horse get easily chilled? Is it just some sort of equine fashionista? Does it's owner insist on dressing it up, whether it likes it or not, like those people who dress up their cats (at considerable risk, I might add) like pirates. So many questions, so few answers.




I think I have developed a close friendship with the horse on the right. That look in it's eye either says "You're the tops," or perhaps just "I think you are crazy." Not surprisingly, he or she also quickly ran off as soon as it found out I didn't have food. Sadly, these animals do not yet understand that "man (or woman, to be politically correct) does not live by bread alone."

No comments:

Post a Comment