Monday, February 22, 2021

Free Smells!


I first started this blog as part of a photography class I was taking at the University of Denver back in 2010. The idea was to take photographs every day, and to feature the best one of the lot on your blog. Evidently, this was a popular idea with many photographers at the time. The fad ended, but I continued on, although I did stop using only photos that I took that same day, which resulted in the loss of spontaneity, which to be honest, has never been my strong suit. Yesterday, however, I decided to head downtown, take some photographs, and use the best one today. That is much harder than it seems, and considerably limits your options. I decided to go with the photograph above of a young couple walking their happy looking dog, who no doubt was enjoying the free smells from the nearby Jimmy Johns. As comedian Flip Wilson always said when playing his character Geraldine, "what you sees is what you gets."

No comments:

Post a Comment