Friday, February 5, 2021

February At The Zoo



I went to the Denver Zoo this past Wednesday afternoon to take a few photographs. When I left the house it was sunny, but by the time I got to the zoo it was very overcast, making for pretty poor conditions for good photos. However, I did go into the Great Ape House and take a photograph of one of the orangutans taking a bubble bath, as seen in the photograph on the left. And I have to say, I think the Denver Zoo is really starting to spoil these animals. Bubble baths? Is that pretty typical for orangutans in the wild? I would think not!





As long as I was visiting the primates, I decided to check in on the baby mandrill, which as usual was running around all over place, making it difficult to photograph. Happily, it stopped for a few minutes for a bite to eat, and I was able to get the photo on the right. Kesi will be two years old this May, and so it is still exploring her new world. Her favorite activity these days seems to be jumping from the top of the compound into a hammock. It is a pretty high distance to leap, but it does not seem to bother her mother at all. Strange, since when Kesi was a baby, her mother refused to let her leave her side. These days she probably thinks it's time for the father to help discipline the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment