Monday, February 15, 2021

Getting The Covid Vaccine



Friday afternoon I was checking my e-mail and saw I had a message from the University of Denver. It stated that I was eligible - as a DU retiree - to schedule an appointment for the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine Sunday afternoon, which I signed up for immediately, especially since I was something like number 46,000 in line at Kaiser Permanente. I showed up right on time, and it turned out that National Jewish Hospital, which was administering the doses, did a very efficient job, and I was out of the DU Field House, as seen in the photo on the left, in 45 minutes.



And who should I run into in line but Linda, my friend and the wife of Wally, my friend and former University of Denver Bookstore co-worker. We chatted while we waited for our turn to come up, and Linda mentioned that once they both get the second dose, she and Wally will make reservations to take the Amtrak train to San Francisco and visit their kids, who both live out there. Sounds like a perfect way to celebrate being Covid immune. Linda asked me to take an "action shot" of her shot, which I happily agreed to do, and which can be seen on the right.






And to all of you anti-vaxxers out there, I am happy to report that all went well. Of course, once the moon came out last night, I did turn into a wolf-like creature, and found myself rampaging through Washington Park, wanting to kill, kill, kill. However, I was still able to take a self-portrait, as seen in the photo on the left, and when I woke up this morning, I was back to my old self, and felt just fine. No need for any of you to even think about not getting the vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment