Monday, July 5, 2021

A Favorite 4th Of July Memory


One of my favorite 4th of July memories was going to Cannon Beach, Oregon for a Hoyt family reunion back in 2012 with my Uncle Jack (my father Nelson's brother) and his family. Barb - my cousin John's wife - and her family have a home on the beach there, and her father graciously allowed us to use it over the 4th of July weekend. In addition to getting to know my father's side of the family, who all grew up in California, and I had not seen since 1968, it was fun just to celebrate the 4th of July in such a picturesque, small beachside town. The 4th of July parade down main street, which we all attended, seemed to include all the locals, and was just plain fun. What a great time. I hope everyone out there had an equally fun 4th of July this year, too. And, in the photograph above, from left to right, are my cousin Kathy's husband, Kathy, my Uncle Jack, cousin Annette, Annette's son Jason and daughter Gracie, Barb - my cousin John's wife - cousin John, and my cousin Denise, who was just a toddler the last time I saw her. Talk about a great reunion.

No comments:

Post a Comment