Thursday, July 15, 2021

An All-Star Review





Major League Baseball's annual All-Star game took place this past Tuesday night here in Denver, and I went down to the Ballpark Neighborhood to check out the action.  As I approached Coors Field, I saw that Trump supporters had taken a prime position out front, as seen in the photograph on the left. I know that a majority of Republicans believe the election was stolen, but I always find it scary when I see them out and about, running loose and constantly denying reality. Whatever Trump says, they believe him, no matter how preposterous the lie. Very scary indeed.






There were several festivals going on, just across the street from the ballpark, and also over on Larimer Street, where the bars and restaurants were doing a land-office business. The photograph on the right shows a typical group of baseball fans (no doubt ex-Californians) entering Zan Z Bar, a local watering hole. No doubt they are wearing their favorite team's colors. 



I also stopped by McGregor Square, the new mixed use development just across the street from Coors Field. The place was packed, as seen in the photo on the left, and there was a huge line to buy beer at a kiosk run by Mile Post Zero, a new food hall at the complex. I could not help but notice that a single can of India Pale Ale was selling for $11.00, which is what a 6-pack of Odells IPA costs. I personally feel that you would have to be crazy to pay that much for a can of beer. And it has suddenly occurred to me that I am implying that everyone I have featured on today's blog is a little (or perhaps a lot) on the crazy side - crazy each in their own way. Is it just me? Have I really turned into an old curmudgeon? Don't answer that! And by the way, the American League beat the National League by a score of 5 to 3, and Liam Hendricks, the closer for my South Side heroes, the Chicago White Sox, made the final three outs for the save. Go Liam!

No comments:

Post a Comment