Friday, July 16, 2021

A Late Lunch In Exotic Lakewood


I had lunch Wednesday afternoon with my friend Stuart (seen in the photograph above) at the Qdoba Mexican Grill in the Denver West Village Shopping Center, located in exotic, fascinating, but still incredibly ugly Lakewood, Colorado.  Later on we had coffee a few doors down at the Barnes and Noble Starbucks. Stuart is doing well, and enjoying the good life in that Western Denver suburb. As regular blog readers know, I am not - with some exceptions - very fond of the suburbs, including Lakewood, which features lots of strip malls, pawn shops, and car dealerships. It's best feature is a "new downtown" called Belmar, that was built on the site of an old shopping center called Villa Italia, which is probably the inspiration for Festival Italiano, which takes place each year at Belmar. However, the last I heard, Belmar has gone into foreclosure. I guess it just can't compete with those ever fascinating Lakewood strip malls. Makes sense to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment