Sunday, July 4, 2021

Happy 4th Of July!


Today is the 4th of July, the first in a while that can be celebrated more or less normally, and so I resolved to head to downtown Denver and take photographs of the fireworks after the Colorado Rockies-St. Louis Cardinals game at Coors Field Friday night. I checked online, and the Rockies were ahead 3-2 in the bottom of the 8th inning, and so quickly headed to the light rail station, hoping I would get downtown in time for the fireworks. I needn't have worried - the Cardinals tied the game in the 9th inning and scored 6 runs in the 10th to win the game. While I waited for the fireworks to begin, I stood across the street from the stadium and watched the crowds moving from bar to bar in what is called the LoDo (Lower Downtown) neighborhood. It had been years since I was down there that late on a weekend, and it was just as frenetic as I remembered. Years ago, I was considering buying a loft in this neighborhood. I asked to see it, but when we got to the 2nd floor, it was just one large empty space, and was told they could show me drawings of what it would someday look like. I said the hell with that, and am glad I did. What a circus that neighborhood is - living there would have driven me even crazier than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment