Sunday, October 2, 2022

Chicago 1976






As regular blog readers know, I have been going through my collection of photographs lately, and have run across a number of them from back when I lived in Chicago. I took the one on the left along Lake Michigan, looking towards Oak Street Beach, back in 1976, when I moved to my first apartment in Forest Park, and would take the "L" downtown on my days off to walk around. I love going through old photos, and was kind of shocked when I read an article, no doubt written by some young whippersnapper, ridiculing stores like Walgreens and Walmart for still providing facilities to print out photographs, no doubt in the belief that storing photos on your phone or computer is the only sensible thing to do these days. Idiot.







Of course, way back in 1976 we all dressed much differently, as can be seen in the photograph on the right. The author of that article disparaging printed out snapshots would, of course, not be surprised. Frankly, these days I would be hesitant to wear my top hat and tails around town, although I still have them in my closet in case that style is ever revived. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment