Saturday, October 15, 2022

Fall Weather Arrives At Last




The temperatures have cooled down quite a bit here in Denver, and the trees are beginning to change color, too, to the delight of everyone. Even I, who really enjoys hot weather, thought continuous highs in the upper 90s each day was a little much this summer. Even the ducks in Washington Park, seen in the photograph on the left, seemed to be enjoying the lower temperatures. I took this photo just across from Monkey Island, which was a popular gathering spot for hippies back in the 1960s. One of them, a young flower child, disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and is said to haunt the island late at night. I must remember to check that out close to midnight this coming Halloween. What could go wrong?





Meanwhile, up in Golden, the crowd at the New Terrain Brewery seemed to be enjoying the day, too. New Terrain attracts a diverse crowd, including students, families, old, and young. Right before I got in line for a pint, what appeared to be an entire class from the Colorado School of Mines walked into the place and got in line in front of me. On the bright side, because of that, I had the time to take the photograph on the right of my fellow New Terrain patrons, with Table Mesa looming in the background. Behind Table Mesa lies the heart of Golden, and a lot of hikers and mountain bikers head off there on a trail that starts right next to the brewery. But not me - perhaps next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment