Friday, October 28, 2022

The 2022 World Series Begins


Tonight is the first game of the World Series between the Houston Astros and the Philadelphia Phillies. If you are not excited about this, join the club. All the teams I wanted to reach the series lost, which is the main reason I am never taking up sports betting, even if the TV ads claim you can't lose. I was especially disappointed that my South Side heros, the Chicago White Sox, who were predicted to make the playoffs, were uniformly mediocre all season, finishing with an 81-81 record. I knew all hope was lost when they struggled to gain a split during a two game series against the Colorado Rockies, who were, as predicted, just horrible. I took the above photograph at one of those games that I attended at Coors Field with my friend Mark, who was able to snag infield seats so that we could see the carnage up close. On the bright side, I don't care who wins the World Series this year, and so it will be a stress free end to the baseball season.

No comments:

Post a Comment