Thursday, October 13, 2022

Discussing The Major Issues Of The Day With Stuart At Old Chicago


I had a late lunch with my friend Stuart yesterday afternoon at the Old Chicago Pizza and Taproom in Lakewood, Colorado, and coffee at the nearby Starbucks, where we discussed the major issues of the day: "Is Covid finally behind us?" "No." "Will the polarized political situation in this country ever end?" "Definitely not." Then we got down to the truly important things, such as the baseball playoffs. Stuart does not have much interest in who wins this year. I myself would not mind seeing San Diego or Atlanta in the National League and Cleveland in the American League go to the World Series, but with that said, any team I have ever backed always loses. We both agree, however, that we do not want to see a New York Yankees versus Los Angeles Dodgers World Series, which it will most probably turn out to be. And by the way, I took the photograph above of Stuart at that particular location to show that there are indeed attractive parts of Lakewood, even if they are just islands of green in the middle of huge parking lots. I suspect the people of Lakewood will take whatever they can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment