Sunday, October 30, 2022

Walking Along Stuart Beach


I took the above photograph of my sister Susan and mother Mary walking along Stuart Beach back in October of 1979, exactly 43 years ago. My parents, Nelson and Mary, had moved to Stuart, Florida three years earlier from Chicago, and both of them loved it there. My father thought the place was like Camelot. He was able to play golf every day at the condo complex's par 3 golf course with his brother-in-law, my Uncle Bill, just like they used to do on vacation up in Canada years earlier. My favorite part of Stuart, besides the downtown area, is the beach. Walking from Stuart Beach to the House of Refuge Museum was a must almost every day when we visited, and will be one of the first things I do on my next trip there. However, it is scary to think that when that photo was taken, my mother was 6 years younger than I am now. And I am just a kid - at least in spirit, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment