Monday, October 31, 2022

Happy Halloween!






Today is Halloween, and since I don't have any recent Halloween photographs, I am featuring ones I took back in 2003 at the University of Denver Bookstore, where I worked as the Finance Manager for 28 years. Many of the staff back then loved to dress up in costume, and were more than happy to pose for the camera, such as Donovan, the Computer Department Assistant, seen on the left in the photo, and Tristy, the Bookstore Director, seen on the right, who after working at Cal State Long Beach, Front Range Community College, and the University of Colorado at both Boulder and Colorado Springs, is now working in downtown Denver at the Auraria campus, which is home to the University of Colorado at Denver, Metropolitan State University of Denver, and the Community College of Denver.





Also in costume down on the sales floor were John, one of our full-time cashiers, on the left in the photograph, and Larry, the Operations Coordinator, seen on the right. Larry retired from the bookstore when he turned 62, explaining to me that his father died young and he wanted to make sure he was able to enjoy retirement. Sadly, he was right to do this, since he passed away just a few years later. 






Finally, I took the photograph on the left of Wally, the bookstore's Operations Manager, and Annette, the Textbook Manager. Wally, like me, is now retired and concentrating on his woodworking projects. Annette left the bookstore before it was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group to work at another university bookstore, but soon came back to DU to work as Coordinator for University Advancement, which I believe is involved in fundraising. And sorry, Annette, I really can't give anything this month. Check with me later. Much later. Happy Halloween Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment