Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day!








Today is Mother's Day, and in honor of this holiday I am featuring a photograph of my mother Mary that I took at Denver's Cherry Creek Arts Festival, which takes place over the 4th of July weekend each year, back in the year 2000 (Y2K).  My mother used to fly up to Denver each summer to visit my sister Susan and I, and in turn we would fly down to visit her in Stuart, Florida, where she lived for almost 30 years, at least once or twice a year. And speaking of the Cherry Creek Arts Festival, it was just announced that it has been canceled due to the coronavirus.  Not the first and not the last arts festival to be canceled this year, either.  In any case, I hope everyone can still enjoy this year's Mother's Day, despite this damn virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment