Monday, May 4, 2020

The Quest For Squirrels Ramps Up








Now that spring is here, my sister Susan's dog Blackberry is intensifying her quest to catch a squirrel. And just a few days ago, when I was taking her on a walk through the neighborhood, she almost caught one. For some reason, the squirrel was slow to climb up a nearby tree, and came within an eyelash of Blackberry's grasp. And then, for some reason, the squirrel decided to climb back down onto a patio, and I had to hold tight to the leash to make sure Blackberry didn't actually catch it.  What she would have done with that squirrel if she did catch it is unclear. Perhaps just chase back and forth with it? The times Blackberry has escaped out the front door of Susan's townhouse, I have spent many hours playing that exact same game with her. It is not fun, and I am sure that the squirrel would feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment