Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Horse Country? In Fort Collins?







Apparently so.  Whenever I drive up to Fort Collins from Denver, I always see horses out in the pastures as I approach that northern Colorado city. Recently  I got off Interstate 25 one exit early and took a frontage road to the farm seen in the photograph on the left. The place evidently boards horses for people in the area, and there were actually a fair number out and about that day.





The horses were all socially distancing, and were too busy grazing to look at the camera.  Finally one briefly looked up from his or her meal and I was able to snap the photo on the right.  After taking these photographs, I headed down the frontage road, and reached the Fort Collins city limits and suburban style tract homes after driving just one mile.  You could even walk to your horse from there.  Talk about convenience. Roy Rogers would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment