Friday, May 15, 2020

Speaking Of Cats - Another Denver Zoo Flashback...






Back on June 30th of 2010, one the tigers at the Denver Zoo gave birth to quadruplets, which generated quite a bit of publicity in the local media. They made their first appearance outside at the beginning of September, and I dutifully trekked to the zoo to take photographs.  Unfortunately, the light was not that great, and so it was a challenge to get a decent shot.






There were two places to take those photos: looking into the compound from outside, and from a viewing window inside the Tiger House.  The cubs all seemed to be pretty interested in what was happening inside, which made it the best spot for photographs, although I remember going back and forth between inside and outside the entire time.







I was pretty disappointed in the results, and so deleted all the photographs from my computer after saving them on a DVD.  Of course, now that the zoo is closed because of coronavirus, I wanted to feature the cubs on my blog, and spent several hours going through roughly 10,000 DVDs to find those photos.  And once I did, it all came back to me - those damn cubs refused to pose for the camera, and one even stuck out it's tongue, showing it's feelings on the matter.  No wonder I deleted those photos from my computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment