Wednesday, May 27, 2020

In The Bleachers With Steve Moore



I used to subscribe to the print version of the Denver Post, but eventually the carrier started dropping the paper in front of the building instead of at the door, which I found quite inconvenient, and eventually I cancelled it. After I retired, I resubscribed to the digital version. When I received the print version of the paper, I would always read In The Bleachers, a daily cartoon by Steve Moore, which was located in the paper's sports section.  I thought this cartoon was just hilarious, and have included three examples, all of which at one time or another found their way to the front of my refrigerator, just to prove my point.  It recently occurred to me that this cartoon is no longer in the paper, which is a pity.  Moore had to stop drawing the cartoon 2 years ago, due to a medical condition.  It is still drawn by a different cartoonist, but is only online, hidden in a digital file separate from the regular version of the paper.  Doing a little research on the internet, I found an interview with Moore done at the time he quit the comic strip, and it shows what a witty and upbeat guy he is. You gotta love that. I recommend checking it out at https://www.dailycartoonist.com/index.php/2018/07/09/exclusive-interview-steve-moore-to-step-away-from-in-the-bleachers/.

No comments:

Post a Comment