Friday, May 5, 2023

First Friday! Missed It Again!


Once again I am going to miss the First Friday Art Walk this evening at the Art District on Santa Fe here in Denver. I always tell myself I am going to go, but lately something always comes up. On the bright side, summer is almost here, and a lot of the vacant spaces on Santa Fe Drive reopen as new art galleries when the weather warms up and the crowds increase. They often close the street to accomodate the large number of people who attend these events, and the patio at Renegate Brewery begins to overflow with people. And so I definitely intend to attend on the First Friday in June. If the weather cooperates, of course. And by the way, the photograph above is of the Center for Visual Art, which is run by Metropolitan State University of Denver, and often features work by MSU students and faculty, in addition to artists not affiliated with the university. It is usually my first stop on First Fridays, since it opens easrlier than the other galleries, and always seems to feature what I refer to as damned weird art. Not my favorite kind, but always throught-provoking.

No comments:

Post a Comment