Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Lunch With Stuart Near The DU Campus


I had lunch yesterday afternoon with my friend Stuart - seen in the photograph above - at Spanky's Urban Roadhouse, just to the west of the University of Denver campus, as well as coffee afterwards at a nearby Starbucks. When Stuart picked me up in front of my condo, a graduation ceremony was taking place across the street at DU's Ritchie Center, and he waxed nostalgic about graduating from DU almost 41 years ago with a Masters in International Studies. And so it was a trip down memory lane for Stuart, although I suspect he will not be rushing to get a large check off to his old alma mater anytime soon. When DU's Community Commons building was under construction, I suggested he make a big donation, but he did not seem very enthused about the idea. Perhaps I'll just call DU's fundraising office and give them his cell phone number. That should get him motivated. As for me, I worked there for almost 30 years. I already gave at the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment