Wednesday, May 24, 2023

The Rocky Mountain Tree Festival - Is it Really All About Trees?


My sister Susan and I drove up from Denver to the New Terrain Brewery in Golden, Colorado this past Saturday to have a beer, and enjoy the fine spring weather, while sitting outside and admiring the view of Table Mesa. We thought the place would be packed, and it was. Cars were parked on both sides of the street for blocks before we got there, and, of course, the brewery's parking lot was filled. Through some sort of divine parking miracle, after three passes, I found a spot. We walked through the crowd, and were offered a table by a couple who were about to leave. I think it helps that Susan currently uses a walker. Once she is back to walking on her own, perhaps it might be a good idea to continue to use that walker in such situations. But I digress. A bluegrass band was playing, and the sign over the stage read "Rocky Mountain Tree Festival." Were all those hundreds of people - far more than even I expected - simply tree fanciers, or was it all about the beer? From my unofficial survey, I conclude it was all about the beer. Surprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment