Saturday, May 13, 2023

Goodbye To Stuart - At Least For Now...


After spending two days getting reacquainted with Stuart, Florida, my sister Susan and I started on the long drive back to Denver. Before leaving, I made sure, after dinner one night, to stop at sunset at the House of Refuge, an historic lifesaving station built in 1875 and now a museum, located on a coral outcrop along the ocean. It is one of my favorite spots here in Stuart, very beautiful and peaceful. When Susan and I would visit our mother Mary, we would go to Stuart Beach almost every day, and while my mother would read the Stuart News, sitting in the beach shelter, Susan and I would sometimes walk along the ocean to the House of Refuge and back. It was also a great place to take photographs around sunset, after having dinner at the Prawnbroker, a favorite restaurant of ours located in nearby Sewell's Point. As I have mentioned before, it has been 6 1/2 years since my last visit to Stuart, but after renting our condo out full-time for almost 15 years, we hope to take possession of it a year from this August, and spend a lot more time there. Fourteen months to go, not that I am counting.

No comments:

Post a Comment