Monday, October 27, 2014

A Great New Art Exhibit At The University Of Denver


There is a great new art exhibit at the University of Denver's Victoria Myhren Art Gallery:  Visual Trips: The Psychedelic Poster Movement in San Francisco.  On display are San Francisco concert posters and flyers from 1965 thru 1971, and they are wonderful.  These artists were highly talented and like Toulouse-Lautrec, produced commercial work that is actually high art.  I heartily recommend going to see this exhibit, despite the fact that, as regular Blog readers know, DU "retired" me (in other words, laid me off) after almost 30 years of service when they outsourced the DU Bookstore to Follett Corporation.  I am certainly not the type of person to let a little thing like that bother me after all this time. Not me. No way. I say go ahead and see the exhibit anyway.  Just don't give them any money.  It only encourages them.

No comments:

Post a Comment