Monday, October 20, 2014

Beautiful Junk!


I went to the Action Center's Beautiful Junk Sale at the Jefferson County Fairgrounds this past Saturday and met up with my friend Valarie, the Action Center's Office Manager and the former DU Bookstore Operations Manager.  As usual, I arrived during the last hour of the sale to take advantage of the half price book bag special - $7 for as many books as you could  fit into a shopping bag. The book selection might have been a bit picked over, but I consider them bargain priced, under-appreciated treasures.  Afterwards we went to happy hour at Jose O'Shea's in Lakewood, Colorado, where they have a free happy hour taco bar.  Yes! Free!  All for the price of a drink. And they tasted great!  In a great show of restraint, I limited myself to only 6 or 7 tacos.  After all, I don't want to make a pig out of myself.  Did I mention that the tacos were FREE?  

No comments:

Post a Comment