Saturday, October 25, 2014

Made In Bangladesh


I was forced to drive to the Park Meadows Mall out in suburban Lone Tree to buy some new slacks from J.C. Penney last weekend.  After a mere 10 months, the slacks I currently own are ready for the rag pile.  Is it my imagination, or is the quality of most consumer products a lot poorer these days?  I checked the tags and the 2 pairs of Dockers I purchased were made in Bangladesh.  I guess the Levis Company can't afford to make them in expensive labor markets like China anymore, with the result being a poorer quality product. And this begs the question: Will more manufacturing jobs be moving from China to Bangladesh?  And if so, can 1.3 billion Chinese find work in the service sector?  Time for a major market expansion by Starbucks and McDonald's , I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment