Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Orangutans and Reincarnation


I went to the Denver Zoo Saturday afternoon and was pleased to find that many of the animals were quite willing to have their portraits taken.  I think the nice weather put them all in a good mood.  In fact, as soon as he saw me, the orangutan in the photograph above ran right up to the window next to where I was standing, sat down, and gazed up at me fondly.  He was so friendly that I have to wonder if there might be something to reincarnation and that this might be an old pal of mine.  If true, I would feel honor-bound to break him out of there. How would you feel if one of your pals was locked up 24/7 and fed only bark, leaves, flowers, and fruit? Springing him would be tricky, however, and if we stopped anywhere afterwards for a beer, I would have to wonder if we would be denied service by the bartender.  People can be so narrow-minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment