Friday, October 3, 2014

Americans Do Get Exercise!


Humor columnist Dave Barry once wrote that the best way to find out if you are overweight is to simply look out the window.  If you see the United States of America out there, then you are overweight, because every American is overweight.  A bit of an oversimplification, I must admit.  However, I have to say that many if not most Americans are getting plenty of exercise to combat this weight problem every morning as they try to catch their train.  Virtually everyone at the University of Denver Light Rail stop runs past me at full speed each morning as I wait for my bus.  As a matter of fact, I think the Regional Transportation District (RTD) should award cash prizes for the fastest times at each station to increase ridership.  As an additional challenge, they could keep the doors open as they pull out to allow contestants to attempt leaping onto the moving train.  Talk about entertainment!

No comments:

Post a Comment