Monday, November 17, 2014

A Visit To The Pier


One of the thing's I like best about my parent's Stuart, Florida condo (and yes, they are both long gone, but I still think of it as their condo) is walking down to the pier and gazing out at the St. Lucie River.  It is nice to stroll down there any time of day, but especially at sunset.  Over the past few years they have added some enhancements, including trees whose trunks light up at night.  I'm not sure I am too crazy about that - it takes away from the old Florida feel you get as dusk settles in, but unfortunately they didn't ask me about it before they installed them.  What were they thinking?  In any case, they have also added these same style of lights around the trees at the entrance to the complex, which I must admit helps you easily find  the driveway after dark.  I no longer have to orbit the block a few times like the old Mercury astronauts around the Earth.  Now that is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment