Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A Walk On The Beach



I took a break from avoiding cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen at the condo and took a sunset walk from Stuart Beach to the House of Refuge the other afternoon.  It is a great trek along one of the most beautiful beaches in Florida.  As you get close to the House of Refuge, the coastline gets rocky and it resembles Maine more than Florida.  The only downside was that the place was crawling with wedding photographers when I got there. Evidently sunset at the House of Refuge is THE place to have wedding and engagement photographs taken if you live in the greater Stuart, Florida area.  In any case, it has been 35 years since I was last inside the old shipwreck rescue station, built in 1876.  The last time I took a tour, it cost $2.00. Plus, unless I was hallucinating at the time, they had giant turtles in the basement to gaze at.  Now they want $8.00 per person, and all the giant snapping turtles were moved to somewhere more suitable and humane years ago.  I don't mean to be critical, but what a ripoff!  And I mean that with all due respect to the Stuart Historical Society, whose members probably have those damn turtles in their bathtubs at home.  Somebody should definitely check..

No comments:

Post a Comment