Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving Dinner! On Time!


By which I mean actually on Thanksgiving, instead of several days later.  For the past two years, my sister Susan and brother-in-law George have been running late in dinner preparations, and have postponed Thanksgiving until the next day or even the following Sunday.  I got a call from Susan yesterday afternoon, and was positive that dinner was once more being postponed for a few days.  But no - it was only being delayed an hour.  Dinner was served promptly at 7:30 P.M. yesterday, and it was excellent - a new record! However, I strongly recommend that they start Christmas dinner preparations now.  Postponing Christmas last year seemed slightly Grinch-like to me, although I mean that with all due respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment