Sunday, November 9, 2014

News Flash! The Days Are Getting Shorter...


As regular Blog readers know, I like to walk from my workplace on Colfax Avenue ("the longest, wickedest street in America") to the Light Rail train at Denver's Union Station each evening after work - about a three mile jaunt.  It seems like just yesterday that it was warm and sunny for the entire walk, but these days it is dark even before I get out the door.  I don't know about you, but I find that extremely depressing.  And although the temperatures up to now have been fairly warm, the weather forecast for this coming week is for the coldest temperatures since February.  And what do I see each evening when I finally get to the Light Rail Station and the train pulls up?  An advertisement covering the car promoting non-stop flights from Denver to Iceland, where it is even colder and darker.  As a matter of fact, I think in late fall and winter it is dark all the time up there.  And what do you do in Reykjavik this time of year besides sit in a bar and drink?  On the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment