Monday, November 24, 2014

Warsaw '44 At The Denver Film Festival


I went to see the movie Warsaw '44 at the Denver Film Festival last night.  It was the final film of the festival, and the Polish Consul General and the star of the movie were on hand to talk about the film and answer questions.  I sat next to the former chairman of the film festival.  He told me he had attended films every day for the past 13 days and that this one might very well be the best of the lot.  However, I couldn't help but notice that he left less than a third of the way through the film.  The movie was about the famous Warsaw Uprising in 1944, which took the lives of 200,000 of Warsaw's then 900,000 people.  I must admit it was a pretty violent and hard film to watch, which is maybe why the guy sitting next to me left.  Either that or I forgot to use deodorant that morning.  Either theory is plausible.

No comments:

Post a Comment