Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th Of July Fireworks



I visited the Cherry Creak Arts Festival with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George yesterday afternoon, and later that evening decided to take the Light Rail Train down to Sports Authority Field to see the fireworks display at the conclusion of the Denver Outlaws game.  Usually I go to the fireworks display at the Colorado Rockies game, but the Rockies are on the road this year and so this was one of the few options left.  And I must say, I was not impressed with the fireworks display (top photo).  Evidently major league lacrosse does not generate enough revenue to fund a major league fireworks display.  However, on the walk back to the Light Rail station I saw that Elitch Gardens, a local amusement park,  was also putting on a fireworks display too, and hung out beside the Platte River and watched that display, too.  It was a much better production (bottom photo).  Of course, by the time I got to the Light Rail Station, it was filled with all those damn lacrosse fans (talk about eccentric), and the train home was packed.  Halfway home our car broke out in an impromptu, drunken version of the start spangled banner.  I was glad I only had to take the train for 6 stops.  More than that and I would have gone even crazier than I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment