Wednesday, July 8, 2015

A Birthday Brunch With Stuart


I helped my friend Stuart celebrate his birthday Sunday afternoon at Blackbird, a fairly new restaurant located here in Southeast Denver.  I must say I was not too impressed with Blackbird.  The food was okay, but the prices seemed a bit on the high side - a hamburger was $13.00, for goodness sake.  Plus the ambiance was a bit sterile and unappealing.  Nevertheless,  Stuart and I were able to catch up on what we have each been up to the past month or so, and I able to present Stuart with a photograph of him and some of the old Hatch's Bookstore gang (see photograph above).  Stuart is the one wearing wearing the Groucho glasses, his trademark back in the 1980s when we both worked for that bookstore.  And whatever happened to those glasses, anyway, Stuart?  As I recall (although I must admit that my memory is not what it used to be), you even used to wear them to job interviews.  And get the job, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment