Monday, July 20, 2015

The Dragon Boat Festival!



I went to the 15th annual Dragon Boat Festival - held at Sloan's Lake each year in Northwest Denver  -Sunday afternoon to check out all the boat races.  Due to a fairly heavy thunderstorm (yes, it is still raining a lot here), the contests lasted well past the scheduled finish of 7:00 P.M.  I must say, everyone was very enthusiastic and full of good spirit, although the two boats with the most impressive figureheads on them (one of them is in the bottom photograph ) were not used at all while I was there.  Perhaps they were just there for show, and if a team tried to use one of them, they would sink.  And believe me, you do not want to go into the water at Sloan's Lake, unless you want to dissolve just like the Wicked Witch of the West.  Who wasn't all bad, I am now hearing.  Revisionists, revisionists everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment