Sunday, July 12, 2015

Hoyt Family Nostalgia


The annual Hoyt family reunion in Cannon Beach, Oregon has been canceled.  In fact, my cousin John Hoyt and his significant other Barb are here in Colorado, helping Barb's daughter with her newborn baby for a few weeks.  Unfortunately, the cancellation of the reunion means that I probably won't be able to visit with my Uncle Jack, my father's younger brother, this year.  Uncle Jack will be 93 or 94 this year, while my father Nelson, if he had lived, would be 105, which would have definitely made him very cranky.  In any case, in a fit of nostalgia I decided to print a photograph of my father (above on the left) and Uncle Jack (on the right) taken in Paris in the early 1970s.  Notice how they are dressed for a day of casual sightseeing, as compared with the shorts and T-shirts today's tourists sport.  Those were the days, as Archie Bunker famously sings during the opening credits of All in the Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment