Monday, July 6, 2015

The Cherry Creek Arts Festival!


The Cherry Creek Arts Festival is one of the top art festivals in the country (at least according to Cherry Creek, and they wouldn't lie) and for the first time in years my sister Susan and brother-in-law George decided to drive into Denver and take in the show.  I must say, it was a pretty hot day, and George told me the heat was bothering him a bit, and that if we got separated, he would meet us at the bar at Elways.  My sister and I went in to look at the artwork at the booth in the photograph above, and when we came out, George was nowhere to be seen.  Sure enough, when we got to the bar at Elways, there he was.  In all fairness, I must say that it was nice and cool in there, and George even bought us a drink.  I would call that a win-win result.  And by the way, I eavesdropped on the artist talking to a customer at the A.E. London booth, and not only does she do the sketches for her paintings in Africa, but she also teaches drawing and animal conservation in the schools there and sponsors drawing competitions between those schools.  Check out her website at www.aelondonstudio.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment