Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Cheeseman Park Art Fest...





I went to the Cheeseman Park Art Fest yesterday afternoon and had a great time.  There were quite a few photography booths at the festival, and most of the photographs on display were pretty damn good.  There were landscape photographs of the West, travel photography from around the world, and amazing portrait photography.







The booth on the right belongs to photographer David Schneider of Fringe Photography, who had on display some wonderful western landscapes and wildlife photography. You can check out his web site at www.fringe.com.  As I looked at Schneider's work, I wondered if this is what I should do with my life when I retire in 2 years, 10 months, 7 days, 2 hours, and 21 minutes, not that I'm counting.  Of course, if I want to take photographs in Europe, I'll have to pick up that 3rd job pretty soon.




The booth on the left features portrait photography from all over the world by National Geographic photographer Greg Davis.  Davis' work is truly wonderful, and can be viewed at www.gregdavisphotography.com.  I also stopped at the booth of New Mexico photographer Jim Carnevale, whose photographs evoking days gone by in the small towns of the West are also very good.  Be sure to check out his web site at www.jcarnevale.com. In summary, a very good, laid back kind of festival.  And it helped that the sun was shining, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment