Sunday, July 19, 2015

Sunday Morning Nostalgia...





I made reservations for my trip to Florida this past week so that I can check out our condo in Stuart, Florida.  It will then be 4 months since the seasonal renters have left - definitely time to go down there and make sure all is well.  I am keeping my fingers crossed that the only thing I will have to do is go to the beach, play golf, and take in a few Florida State League baseball games.  And after posting a photograph last Sunday of my father Nelson and Uncle Jack in Paris back in the 1970s, I am more than a little nostalgic about heading back to the last home my parents owned and the last place we were all together as a family.  The photograph on the left shows my father in his trademark orange pajamas preparing breakfast one morning in the kitchen of our Stuart, Florida condo, while my mother Mary prepared herself for the day and my sister Susan continued to sleep, and sleep, and sleep some more. The last time Susan and I were down in Stuart, I couldn't help but notice that she still has the same schedule.  Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment