Saturday, July 18, 2015

An Oldie But A Goodie


I received an e-mail from my friend and former DU Bookstore colleague Darrel the other day thanking me for my retirement gift to him - a framed photograph of Darrel, his wife Linda, and our hero Rick Steves, taken at a travel convention here in Denver last year (see above).  Darrell's wife and daughter threw a retirement party for him last Sunday on the occasion of his retirement from his position as Office and Budget Manager of the University of Denver's Chemistry Department.  Since Rick Steves was constantly surrounded by adoring fans every second he was here, it was much easier to take a photograph of Darrel and Linda in front of his photograph instead of him personally.  Evidently the photo got a lot of comments at the party.  Darrel didn't mention if they were good or bad comments, and I'm sure not going to ask.  And next up for Darrel and Linda?  Travel, of course.  What else?

No comments:

Post a Comment