Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Jimmy Carter At The Tattered Cover Bookstore!


I went to a book signing for A Full Life, the latest book by Jimmy Carter, the 39th President of the United States, yesterday afternoon at the Tattered Cover Bookstore here in Denver.  I was originally planning to take a photograph of him, but was told that if I tried to do that as I approached the desk, I would be shot by the Secret Service, which seemed too high a price to pay for a blog photograph.  I was also thinking of taking a photograph of him leaving the building, but as I looked down to where he would be leaving from, several secret service agents were there looking right back at me, and so I though to myself  "perhaps not." You'll all have to be satisfied with the portrait of him from the front cover of the book, which I'm sure is a  much nicer photograph than anything I could have taken on the fly.  And keep up the good work, Secret Service.

No comments:

Post a Comment