Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hoofing It Once Again


Now that my car is in the shop being repaired for major hail damage, I am once again taking the bus and walking everywhere I go, including to the grocery store.  I am now being forced to go to the closest supermarket,  instead of the King Soopers that I usually shop at, and as a result have been forced to give up eating my regular Michelina's Frozen entrees - Authentico! - and instead eat frozen dinners such as The Shanghai Surprise, or something to that effect. I suggest you try it and be surprised too.  Plus, I now have to walk across the University of Denver campus - where I worked for almost 30 years before being laid off - on my way to the grocery store.  In the photograph above, I am walking past DU's Morgridge School of Education, where I applied for a job after the DU Bookstore was outsourced to Follett Higher Education Group.  I never did hear back from them, but as readers of this Blog should well know, I am not bitter about it.  Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment