Wednesday, June 1, 2016

A Quiet Memorial Day Barbecue


I drove up to Fort Collins Monday afternoon to have a quiet Memorial Day barbecue with my sister Susan and brother-in-law George (seen in the photograph above).  Susan and I proposed a hike in Rocky Mountain National Park like we used to do in the good old days, but my ex-wife Lisa couldn't jet in and George insisted he had to work on his paperwork.  As I drove up to Fort Collins from Denver, I did notice that 14,000 foot high Long's Peak was bathed in sunshine, while just to the north, Rocky Mountain National Park was covered in black storm clouds.  At that altitude, it would probably just have been snow instead of rain during our hike, so no problem.  What could be more pleasant than hiking through a little snow shower? I must say, however,  it was a very nice barbecue, with no need to call for a search and rescue team.

No comments:

Post a Comment