Friday, September 30, 2016

730 South


I stopped at 730 South - a rather upscale bistro in the Bonnie Brae neighborhood of Denver - last night for a  libation.  My friend and former DU Bookstore co-worker Wally told me about the place, which has a very reasonable (i.e. cheap) happy hour menu and no music or any other extraneous sounds to listen to.  In other words, peace and quiet when you need it most, after work and before heading home to cook dinner. However, the clientele is a bit on the older and rather affluent side, and I suddenly realized that I was sitting in the midst of a bunch of Trump supporters.  The woman sitting next to me said she was very angry because her brother was strongly supporting "that woman."  It was all I could do to keep my opinions to myself. Otherwise  I would have been beaten to an inch of my life with their canes.  Scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment