Sunday, September 18, 2016

An Evening At Bill And Renee's...


My friends Bill and Renee (seen in the photograph on the left) held a nice gathering yesterday evening at their home up in Northglenn, Colorado. Bill was one of the two Operations Coordinators at the DU Bookstore back when I was the Finance Manager there, before the University of Denver outsourced us to Follett Higher Education Group.  The gathering  was originally going to include a lot of the old University of Denver Bookstore gang, but since so many could not attend, they postponed that event and hosted a smaller group - my friend Mark, who works at the DU Library, his parents, and me. Bill and Renee served New York steaks and we dined in their very pleasant backyard, at the home where Renee grew up.


Everyone there was excited about their upcoming plans for traveling this fall. Bill and Renee will be visiting Seattle and Vancouver, British, Columbia, Mark's parents, Dale and Kay (seen in the photograph on the right sitting on either side of Mark) will be cruising from Bucharest, Romania to Budapest, Hungry (I told them to wear wreaths of garlic on the cruise, but they thought I was just kidding. I'm not), and Mark will be visiting England.  I myself will be traveling with my sister Susan to work on the condo in Stuart, Florida, getting it ready to rent for the season, and so I will be travelling, too, although fixing  up bathrooms, painting, and buying new curtains for the bedroom windows does not sound nearly as exciting as a jaunt through Transylvania.  But that's just me.  Fun is all relative, after all.  Or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment