Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Gorilla Encounter


I was at the Denver Zoo this past Sunday and took the above photograph of a little girl and a gorilla having a stare-down.  What a shame it is that the zoo insists on glass partitions to separate the wildlife from zoo patrons.  How wonderful it would be if the zoo had a "Gorilla Encounter," similar to it's "Giraffe Encounter." You can just tell that the little girl would like to give that gorilla a great big hug.  Think of the childhood memories it would create.  After all, gorillas are vegetarians, so what could possibly go wrong?  I suggest you e-mail the Denver Zoo today and ask them to make those kind of childhood experiences a reality.  It will be a memory that will last their entire lives.

2 comments:

  1. I would rather see that in the wildcat area even though they're not vegetarians. I used to love the zoo but I can't even go anymore because of the tiny enclosures they have. I heard the Springs has a great open zoo that I'm going to check out -- Cheyenne Mountain Zoo or something to that effect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Denver Zoo is in the process of building a large enclosure for the tigers, which is good, but the cheetahs and snow leopards will probably still have to stay in those small enclosures, which is indeed sad.

    ReplyDelete