Thursday, September 22, 2016

Costume Or Not A Costume?


I walked from my workplace on East Colfax in Denver to the 16th Street Mall a few weeks ago, and noticed that a lot of people were - I think - in costume.  People in Denver just love to dress up in these outfits, and there are a lot of events that encourage this, such as Comic Con, the Zombie Crawl, Oktoberfest, and many others.  I assume it was some such event or convention that was the reason for the costumes that day, but perhaps not - maybe they were just starting their Halloween parties early this year.  In this town I wouldn't doubt it.  And you have to be very careful about complementing people on their outfits here.  If they are not wearing a costume and that is their usual attire, you can get slapped.  Best just to walk on by, as the song says.

No comments:

Post a Comment