Tuesday, September 13, 2016

How Many Aspen Photos Are Too Many?



I drove up to the mountains Sunday afternoon to photograph the Aspens on Boreas Pass,  just outside of Breckenridge, Colorado.  Even though it is not even mid-September, the colors are beginning to change up there.  Now, my old photograph professor does not like Aspen photographs at all, because he feels they all look the same, more or less. And my father once said, after a visit to Colorado, that if you've seen one mountain, you've seen them all.  Of course, he was from Chicago, and later on Florida, where mountains have never been a big thing.





But still, it is fun just to get out in the fresh mountain air and enjoy the day, which taking these photographs allows you to do.  And I was not alone up there on Boreas Pass - there were bicyclists, hunters, campers, and - strangely enough - a couple in lederhosen and Bavarian peasant dress, no doubt escapees from Breckenridge's annual Oktoberfest. And yes, now that I think about, my Aspen photographs do all look the same. Tough.


No comments:

Post a Comment