Sunday, November 13, 2016

An Expensive Window Repair


A team of 5 people from the glass company came to replace the glass in my patio door last Thursday.  For the past month, I have had a piece of cardboard covering the hole where someone threw a rock though the door one night.  The outer walls of my condo consist of floor to ceiling patio doors, which makes for a bright and cheerful living space, but I'm afraid I have always ignored the old saying "people who live in glass houses shouldn't write blogs."  Of course, I really don't believe the rock was thrown because of my blog.  Unfairly or not, because I live across the street from the University of Denver, in a building filled with DU students, and the fact that the rock was thrown after 2:00 A.M. - after the bars close in Denver - I suspect the incident involved students and alcohol.  It cost almost $1,000 (most paid by the insurance company, of course, but still a lot of money) to replace the panel, and the glass company crew told me that the glass went into the elevator with only an eighth of an inch to spare.  The high cost of hi-jinks.  But I am not bitter. Much.

No comments:

Post a Comment